Lake Haven Behavioral Center
Half of Americans will experience a mental illness during their lifetimes. Mental or emotional problems affect all aspects of our lives. We may become so overwhelmed that we cannot function day to day. Signs and symptoms that adults and seniors may exhibit include, but are not be limited to, one or more of the following:
- Suicidal behavior and/or threats.
- Behavioral changes/dementia.
- Severe agitation.
- Auditory or visual hallucinations.
How we can help…
Lake Haven Behavioral Health Center at Henry County Medical Center offers individualized care in a warm, caring atmosphere. The first thing that our team of mental health professionals will do is a thorough evaluation to help determine what’s causing your distress and how we can best help you.
Our clinical team will check to see if there is any underlying medical or biochemical origin to your symptoms. The team will then work with you, your family and other health care professionals to develop a course of treatment that’s right for you.
Treatment services include:
- 24-hour behavioral health nursing care.
- Behavioral health diagnostic assessment and evaluation.
- Medication stabilization and management.
- Individual and group therapy.
- Patient and family education.
- Discharge and aftercare planning.
All referrals must be at least 18 old. Referrals from health professionals, as well as family and self-referrals are welcome. Medicare, TennCare and most major health companies cover services.
To make a referral or learn more about the psychiatric services and programs, call the unit at (731) 644-8420 or 1-800-489-1203.