Cutline: Pictured is HCMC’s Partner of the Month in the Stars of Excellence program, Steven Cooke, EMS.
PARIS, TN – Henry County Medical Center is pleased to announce that the Partner of the Year for May in the Stars of Excellence Program is Steven Cooke, EMS. Nine others were named Star Partners in the program.
Cooke was nominated by his Director for showing a strong sense of compassion and patient centered care. Cooke helped out a handicapped patient who had a service dog come in with him. The patient was admitted to the hospital but didn’t have any family to care for his dog. Cooke stepped in and offered to take the dog home and care for it until the patient’s brother could get to town, an estimated four day period. Cooke showed true kindness and helpfulness without a blink of an eye.
HCMC also awards Star Partners each month. The Star Partners for June are Jill Fagan, Home Health; Patty Barrow, Food & Nutrition; Richard Ferrell, Plant Operations; Becky Wall, ER; Don Cook, Food & Nutrition; Carrie Croasmun, Kay Jackson, Whitney Culley, Nichole Lamberth; Physical Therapy. They were nominated for the following:
- Jill Fagan: Nominated by a supervisor for going above and beyond for her patient, and helping a patient out by paying their medication when they could not afford it.
- Patty Barrow: Nominated by a partner for taking time out of her busy day to take her coworker to the doctor and help her schedule future appointments. She genuinely cared that she got the treatment she needed and will do anything for her coworkers.
- Richard Ferrell: Nominated by Eagle Creek Clinic Staff for taking time out of his busy day, when the clinic’s phones were acting up, to see if everything was okay. Ferrell is very considerate of others and will go out of his way to check on them.
- Becky Wall: Nominated by her director for being a very dedicated employee to HCMC. She is the strongest, most respected day shift charge nurse on the team. She is extremely flexible with her work schedule and has a great desire to help her team. Wall is currently going to APN School with over 100 hours of clinical obligation to complete and is a full time mother, yet she will still take extra shifts to help out her fellow employees.
- Don Cook: Nominated by his director for willingly changing his work schedule right after he started working for HCMC to help fill a position for a partner taking surgery leave. Cook helped clean up after a horrible mess in the dish-room and hallway and worked for hours scrubbing and sanitizing everything, even when it wasn’t in his job description. Cook is a fantastic guy and a hard worker.
- Carrie Croasmun, Kay Jackson, Whitney Culley, and Nichole Lamberth: Nominated by a patient for providing high quality, patient centered care all using evidence based practice. The patient was quick to say HCMC’s clinic was the type you could expect in Boston, where she once lived, and offered professional and kind care to her and other patients. These women care about all their patients and are a great asset to HCMC.
To nominate a Henry County Medical Center partner for the Stars of Excellence program, send a note of appreciation to Tom Gee or utilize the Dear Tom or WOW cards located in the Partners in Your Care bags given upon inpatient admission to HCMC. Additionally, the Star Partner forms are available on our website under quick tabs – Healthcare Hero.
About Henry County Medical Center
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.