PARIS, TN – Henry County Medical Center is proud to announce the partner of the month for July in the Stars of Excellence program is Laura Presson, Scheduling. Seventeen others were also nominated for the stars of excellence program.
Presson was nominated by coworkers for going above and beyond to help HCMC. She was asked to look into an issue with denials for sleep studies and took it upon herself to figure out the situation. She helped reduce the number of appeals from denials and demonstrated great teamwork while she was trying to figure out what was going wrong.
HCMC also awards star partners of the month. The star partners for the month of July are: Julia Butler, Business Office; Ashley Hodge, OT Wellness Center; Charles Prestwood, IT; Jan Ward, Medical Staff Coordinator; Carrie McCulloch, Pharmacy; Tammy Hobby, Melissa Parrish, Dell Ezell, Neely Ashby, Henry Garcia, Matt Milby, and Josh Bannister, Surgery/Anesthesia; Mary Wilson, ED; Shondra Andrews and Morgan Smith, 2 South; Brooke Ulrich and Allen Perry, OR.
These HCMC partners were nominated by patients and coworkers for their hard work and dedication towards this hospital. Their work does not go unnoticed here at HCMC and the hospital is glad to be able to honor them with the Stars of Excellence program. They were nominated for the following:
- Julia Butler: Nominated by a coworker for juggling, both, her regular duties in the business office and working in the DME office to help get charges and billing caught up before the fiscal year ended. Butler is always willing to be a team player and has great enthusiasm.
- Ashley Hodge: Nominated by her coworkers for going back and forth from the Wellness Center, HCMC, and Home Health and Hospice and giving all her departments an equal share of her time. She puts her patients first even if that means being the last person at work or skipping lunch. She always has a smile on her face and she builds special relationships with her patients. Hodge is passionate about her job and shows that through each evaluation and treatment.
- Charles Prestwood: Nominated by a Director for being an outstanding example of what customer service should look like at HCMC. Prestwood worked diligently to solve an email issue and would not stop until he knew the problem was fixed. The director stated, “He really went above and beyond and he made me feel like my issues mattered…”
- Jan Ward: Nominated by a fellow partner for calling 911 with no hesitation when asked to help one of her patients. Ward provided quick and helpful care during this situation.
- Carrie McCulloch: Nominated by coworker for going out of her way to help a patient. She came in very late at night to ensure very time sensitive medications were ordered and given properly. She is a wonderful asset to HCMC and displays values consistent with the hospital.
- Tammy Hobby, Melissa Parrish, Dell Ezell, Neely Ashby, Henry Garcia, Matt Milby, and Josh Bannister: Nominated by a coworker for their extraordinary talent, compassion, and commitment to providing excellent healthcare at HCMC. When a patient was on the verge of dying they were there to save his life.
- Mary Wilson, Shondra Andrews, Morgan Smith, Brooke Ulrich and Allen Perry: Nominated by a patient for being there for him when he had no family close by. He is very grateful for this staff and the hospitality he received from everyone at HCMC.
To nominate a Henry County Medical Center partner for the Stars of Excellence program, utilize the Dear Lisa or WOW cards located in the Partners in Your Care bags given upon inpatient admission to HCMC. Additionally, the Star Partner forms are available on our website under quick tabs – Healthcare Hero.
About Henry County Medical Center
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.