Cutline: Pictured are HCMC’s Stars of Excellence recipients for September in the Stars of Excellence program.
PARIS, TN – Henry County Medical Center is proud to announce that the Partner of the Month for September in the Stars of Excellence program is Cyndi Thrasher, Food & Nutrition Services. Sixteen others were also nominated for the Stars of Excellence program.
Thrasher was nominated by her director for going above and beyond. She ensures that every patient gets their meals as they desire and she is especially recognized for her kind, energetic, and caring personality. Most recently, HCMC had an elderly female patient with no family here. Thrasher helped this patient clean up and “spruce up” every day so that she looked nice. Although the patient was a little demanding, Thrasher showed kindness and caring to her by getting her anything she needed.
HCMC also awards Star Partners of the month. The Star Partners for the month of September are Melissa Roberson, Case Management; JoAnn Hoffman and Kathy Goins, Materials Management; Carolyn Camper, Nursing 2 South; Jennifer Cary, HCHC Business Office; Janet Banks, HCHC Business Office; Matt Mays, HCMC Environmental Services; Star Wilkins, Diagnostic Center; Jeannie Rogers, Home Health; Kim Hampton, KY Lake Urologic Associates; Cherice Dupree, Paris Pediatrics; Vicky Aiosa, KY Lake Urologic Associates; Jordan Easterwood and Richar Summers, Center for Wellness and Rehabilitation; Dawn Pruitt, HCHC Environmental Services; and Nate Williams, Information Systems.
These HCMC partners were nominated by patients and coworkers for their hard work and dedication towards this hospital. Their work does not go unnoticed here at HCMC and the hospital is glad to be able to honor them with the Stars of Excellence program. They were nominated for the following:
- Melissa Roberson: Nominated by a coworker for going above and beyond the past year to help decrease readmissions, especially focusing on total joints. She has developed a community outreach network with some local Home Health Agencies to help make easier discharge transitions and help our patients get what they need post discharge.
- JoAnn Hoffman and Kathy Goins: Nominated by their department manager and a hospital administrator for stepping up to the plate and filling the materials management position in surgery. It is critical to the surgeons and the operation of the OR that these duties are carried out with diligence and precision and these two women have done that and then some. It is hard to find two people who care more about the success of this hospital and the well-being of our patients.
- Carolyn Camper: Nominated by a fellow partner for always giving freely of her time to teach new nurses the correct way of doing things as well as being a dedicated floor nurse. She teaches and leads by example.
- Jennifer Cary: Nominated by the family member of a patient for her compassion and willingness to go the extra mile. She was dedicated to get this patient into the Medicaid program and was excellent in answering questions and soothing concerns. She was a very trustworthy asset as she walked with the family through a very difficult and consuming time.
- Janet Banks: Nominated by her administrator for her effort to get the VA to increase one of their many rates which she knew would impact HCHC financially if it was not changed. She was persistent and stayed on them, a task that required time and tenacity.
- Matt Mays: Nominated by a coworker for his self-motivation and attention to detail. He is tasked with the job of cleaning and waxing the floors. He was scheduled to clean floors at the Surgery Center, he took it upon himself to take pictures of each surgery room, pre and post-op so he would know exactly where each piece of equipment needed to be returned to after cleaning. This type of initiative is rare in today’s workforce and we should be honored to have a worker like him.
- Star Wilkins: Nominated by a coworker for always being willing to go out of her way to help patients as well as her co-workers. She knows exactly what to say and works to keep the staff happy and makes sure every person in the department has a great work day. We always see that same compassion with our patients.
- Jeannie Rogers: Nominated by the family of a home health patient for her respect and caring integrity. She had so much concern for her patient and his feelings all during his therapy and would let him know when he was doing a good job and improving every day. She was very accountable and we trusted her with everything she did. We give her all the credit for his great recovery for the caring, coaching, patience, and kindness for going above and beyond her job duties.
- Kim Hampton: Nominated by a member of our Physician Practice Management team for demonstrating the values of patient centered concern, caring and professionalism daily. She has been instrumental in the continued success of our satellite offices. She works tirelessly to assist the doctor while working the lab, giving injections and loading rooms. We are fortunate to have such a hard-working, dedicated partner.
- Cherice Dupree: Nominated by a coworker for always being a team player. If she sees something that needs to be done, she does it even though it’s not in her job duties. She is always upbeat and happy and that strikes a mood for the whole office.
- Vicky Aiosa: Nominated by a member of our Physician Practice Management team for tackling one of the most stressful jobs in the office with grace and serenity. She is hard working, and strives for quality results with every procedure she authorizes. She goes above and beyond carefully watching to make sure each procedure that is authorized is the procedure performed. If not, she calls the insurance company to update the code so the payment will be received.
- Jordan Easterwood and Richar Summers: Nominated by a coworker for going out of their way to help out some of our patients during a severe thunderstorm. When they saw a 90+ year old couple outside they rushed out with umbrellas and made sure they got inside as dry and safe as possible. Although they were drenched, they never complained once and made sure to get the couple towels to help dry off and keep them warm. Once the rain had lightened up and the couple was ready to leave, Jordan went and got their car and drove it up to the door to pick them up. They are both selfless partners and embody all the values of HCMC.
- Dawn Pruitt: Nominated by her supervisor for treating all others with respect and for always having a smile on her face. Whether she is packing up resident’s belongings, locating a missing item or putting labels in clothing, she is always accomplishing her task to the best of her abilities. She can be trusted to the very best job that she can while demonstrating a positive attitude and accountability to her peers on a daily basis.
- Nate Williams: Nominated by a partner for his loyalty to the hospital. He continuously demonstrates trust, dedication, integrity, professionalism and loyalty in everything he has completed for our department and many others across the organization. If there are any hiccups in the computer system, Nate is on speed dial and is quick to correct it for us.
To nominate a Henry County Medical Center partner for the Stars of Excellence program, utilize the Dear Lisa or WOW cards located in the Partners in Your Care bags given upon inpatient admission to HCMC. Additionally, the Star Partner forms are available on our website under quick tabs – Healthcare Hero.
About Henry County Medical Center
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.