Cutline 1: Pictured are HCMC’s Stars of Excellence recipients for September in the Stars of Excellence program.
PARIS, TN – Henry County Medical Center is proud to announce that Robin Brown, LPN is the Partner of the Month for September in the Stars of Excellence program. Eight others were also nominated for the Stars of Excellence program.
Brown was nominated for her giving heart. She is always coming up with ways to give back to our organization and community. Brown put together several baskets out of her own money that will be used for HCMC’s silent auction benefitting Relay for Life. Brown also organized the Animal Shelter fundraiser for Hospital Week and looks for ways to help veterans in our community. Brown is an all-around great person and is willing to help wherever and whenever she is needed.
HCMC also awards Star Partners of the month. The Star Partners for the month of September are Karsen Roberson, Surgical Services; Yvonne Schoubye, Food & Nutrition; Sonia Willoughby, Physician Practices; Heather Fields, EMS; Bruce Herrin, EMS; Melissa Carpenter, CNA, HCHC; Lori Stambaugh, RN, Marketing and Public Relations; Paige Malone, Marketing and Public Relations; Robin Brown, LPN, Kentucky Lake Urologic Associates.
These HCMC partners were nominated by patients and coworkers for their hard work and dedication towards this hospital. Their work does not go unnoticed here at HCMC and the hospital is glad to be able to honor them with the Stars of Excellence program. They were nominated for the following:
- Karsen Roberson: Roberson was nominated for her exceptional performance as a scrub tech and going above and beyond her duties. Roberson has often stayed late in order to assist with surgeries out of concern for patient care. She is dedicated to her work. Roberson has incredible work ethic and humility while always seeking good for those around her. She does her work at a level of excellence and commitment that is to be admired and certainly appreciated.
- Yvonne Schoubye: Schoubye was nominated for doing an outstanding job with HCMC catering. On a monthly basis, she caters meetings and puts thought into every detail. The food and presentation are always amazing. Schoubye is friendly and professional and is truly an asset to HCMC Food and Nutrition.
- Sonia Willoughby: Willoughby was nominated for her dedication to her job as the Vaccines for Children coordinator. She takes great strides to ensure the patient list is updated on the Tennessee Immunization Information System. She closely monitors that her practice complies with government regulations regarding vaccines, develops plans to prevent mistakes and educates her staff when there is a program update. Thanks to her dedication to her job responsibility, Paris Pediatrics received a great report from their VFC representative at their site visit.
- Heather Fields and Bruce Herrin: Fields and Herrin were nominated for going above and beyond for their community. They took the time to present their ambulance to a pre-school in our community. They familiarized the children with the ambulance and the equipment in hopes of eliminating fear if they were to ever have to be in an ambulance. Fields and Herring are truly caring and professional.
- Melissa Carpenter: Carpenter was nominated for her heart that exemplifies patient-centered care for her residents. Carpenter goes above and beyond to serve not only the patients of HCHC but the staff as well. Carpenter is known as a cheerleader, employee encourager, activities assistant when needed, fill in nurse aid, day or night, and never hesitates to take care of personal needs of staff. She started a secret pal program with the HCHC staff that is a huge morale booster. Carpenter recently spent the weekend providing care for a co-worker’s daughter. Carpenter is caring and encouraging to all she comes in contact with.
- Lori Stambaugh: Stambaugh was nominated by her Department Director for all the work she does for HCMC to ensure we shine as an organization. She did an excellent job coordinating the efforts for the HRSA organ donation program that received silver recognition for HCMC. Stambaugh has also done an outstanding job coordinating efforts for the Henry County fair booth, Walk Across TN program, and looking for ways to improve our Wellness program to better meet the needs of our partners and communities we serve. She is an outstanding example for community health and we are fortunate to have her help us Grow Forward.
- Paige Malone: Malone was nominated by her Department Director for her contributions to the organization in the short amount of time she has been here. She has a positive attitude and is willing to help make events and activities for the organization a success. She did a great job organizing our participation in the DPA’s Ice Cream Social, helping with the Henry County Fair booth, and Relay for Life.
To nominate a Henry County Medical Center partner for the Stars of Excellence program, utilize the Dear Lisa or WOW cards located in the Partners in Your Care bags given upon inpatient admission to HCMC. Additionally, the Star Partner forms are available on our website under quick tabs – Healthcare Hero.
About Henry County Medical Center
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.