Cutline: Pictured is Shannon Head, RN with Hospice at HCMC Home Health and Hospice who recently was recognized as Partner of the Month for October
PARIS, TN – Henry County Medical Center is proud to announce the Partner of the Month for October in the Stars of Excellence program is Shannon Head, RN with Hospice at HCMC Home Health and Hospice. Nine others were also nominated for the Stars of Excellence program.
Head was nominated by a patient’s family for going above and beyond her job duties, supporting the patient and family during a very difficult time. She walked the family through hospice care and what to expect when the patient passed. She answered questions and was available day and night for the family. She took the time to listen to the patient and the family and treated them with true respect and was their “ministering angel.”
These HCMC partners were nominated by patients and coworkers for their hard work and dedication towards this hospital. Their work does not go unnoticed here at HCMC and the hospital is glad to be able to honor them with the Stars of Excellence program. They were nominated for the following:
- Kim Calhoun, Imaging: Nominated by a patient for the care she gave to the patient during and after the ultrasound, helping her to get a bill paid and respecting her health issues.
- Mary Harrington, Home Health and Hospice: Nominated by a co-worker for seeing physical therapy patients on Saturdays and as needed by the organization.
- George Milam, In Home Equipment + Supplies: Nominated by his manager for taking time out to help a patient repair a chair to ensure that his needs were met.
- Jon Marc Gowan, Home Health and Hospice: Nominated by patients for the wonderful care he provides to his patients. He is very encouraging and professional.
- Jeanie Rogers, Home Health and Hospice: Nominated by a patient for providing good physical therapy to him.
- Meggan Walker, Home Health and Hospice: Nominated by a patient for diligently trying to help a patient get better.
- Morna Hutcherson, Home Health and Hospice: Nominated by a patient for being so helpful to her and providing great care.
- Jessica Bannister, HCHC: Nominated by a patient for the care she provided during her stay at HCHC.
- Krista Matthews, Business Office: Nominated by a department manager for stepping up to help his department with billing, tracking denials, and researching issues to ensure the organization was billing and receiving payments properly.
Additionally, Steve Delaney, Director of Accounting was recognized by a fellow department manager for our Honor Roll for the support he provided to the service related to Quickbooks and other issues within his department.
To nominate a Henry County Medical Center partner for the Stars of Excellence program, utilize the Dear Lisa or WOW cards located in the Partners in Your Care bags given upon inpatient admission to HCMC. Additionally, the Star Partner forms are available on our website under quick tabs – Healthcare Hero.
About Henry County Medical Center
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.