Cutline: Pictured are HCMC’s Stars of Excellence recipients for October in the Stars of Excellence program.
PARIS, TN – Henry County Medical Center is proud to announce the partner of the month for October in the Stars of Excellence program is Kayla Watson, ER. Eight others were also nominated for the stars of excellence program.
Watson was nominated by a family member of an ER patient for her care and compassion towards not only the patient but the family as well. She listened intensively to everything my family had to say and responded with empathy, kindness, and consideration. She was extremely patient and careful when cleaning up around the patients wounds and took her time placing a bandage on a very tough place. She even located a spot that needed two more staples that the doctor had missed. Watson had great communication with this particular family but they bragged on her communications and positivity with several other patients. She treated everyone like they were her own family. It is incredible to see her so positive in such a volatile environment.
HCMC also awards star partners of the month. The star partners for the month of September are: Nate Williams, Information Systems; Melissa Wells, Information Systems; Tammy Maxwell, Emergency Room; Marcus Bennett, Environmental Services; Steve Parker, Marketing & Public Relations; Mandy Moore and Jon-Mart Gewan, Home Health; and Hailey Harrison, Marketing & Public Relations.
These HCMC partners were nominated by patients and coworkers for their hard work and dedication towards this hospital. Their work does not go unnoticed here at HCMC and the hospital is glad to be able to honor them with the Stars of Excellence program. They were nominated for the following:
- Nate Williams: Nominated by a partner for his willingness to help out and ensure HCMC looks professional in the community. He has come to the rescue lately by spending hours making sure presentations and videos are set up and working properly for many of our community events. Additionally, he is constantly working on ways to help each department get the equipment necessary to ensure we are always putting our best foot forward.
- Melissa Wells: Nominated by her director for demonstrating the values of respect, integrity and professionalism. She served as the lead analyst on a recent software upgrade and had the responsibility of ensuring that system testing was being performed by various departments, reporting issues to the vendor, assisting with problem resolution and reporting progress of the testing on a weekly call with the vendor. She handled all of these tasks very well during the project which led to a very smooth Go Live with no major issues.
- Tammy Maxwell: Nominated by a patients spouse for going out of her way to make the patient and spouse comfortable during their time in the ER. She was incredibly friendly and treated them like family. She took a stressful situation and a worried spouse and made everything seem so much better. The family was so grateful for the amazing, excellent care she took of the patient, and for being so concerned about the spouses comfort and well-being as well.
- Marcus Bennett: Nominated by a partner for always being a team player and for his supportive nature of everyone from nursing to administration. He is such a calming influence on patients and families. He has had to clean up many a room after hours and does so with a smile on his face. I know if anyone needs anything he will stop what he is doing to help. He is always dependable and able.
- Steve Parker: Nominated by his director for doing an excellent job of presenting the best of our organization to referral sources and doing a great job ensuring that we provide community education as stated as part of our mission on a monthly, weekly, and daily basis. Steve provides a unique perspective and sense of humor that helps to give our department a different view in regards to how we promote and educate our community.
- Many Moore and Jon-Mart Gewan: Nominated by a patient for providing the best care she has ever had. It isn’t often that you wish to see nurses and PTAs but I look forward to them coming to see me each week.
- Hailey Harrison: Nominated by her department director for making a huge impact on the department in the 6 months she has worked for HCMC. She is the pleasant first face you see when you walk in the department and handles everything with grace – she stays cool under pressure and has a calming effect on people. She takes on projects and truly keeps us organized in our department. Most recently, she went through and organized all of our old scrap books, photos, and display items as well as went through the history of HCMC and HCHC and put together the anniversary history display at the Heritage Center.
To nominate a Henry County Medical Center partner for the Stars of Excellence program, utilize the Dear Lisa or WOW cards located in the Partners in Your Care bags given upon inpatient admission to HCMC. Additionally, the Star Partner forms are available on our website under quick tabs – Healthcare Hero.
About Henry County Medical Center
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.