Cutline: Pictured is Christie Glass, RN with Cardiac Rehab who recently was recognized as Partner of the Month for November.
PARIS, TN – Henry County Medical Center is proud to announce the Partner of the Month for November in the Stars of Excellence program is Christie Glass, RN, with Cardiac Rehab. Ten others were also nominated for the Stars of Excellence program.
Glass was nominated by her co-workers for the wonderful qualities of leadership and teamwork she displays every day. She stays on top of current practice guidelines and provides exceptional patient care by explaining to patients what they need and why in a way they can understand. Examples include helping one patient deal with receiving oxygen therapy and helping aanother patient reconcile her medications.
These HCMC partners were nominated by patients and coworkers for their hard work and dedication towards this hospital. Their work does not go unnoticed here at HCMC and the hospital is glad to be able to honor them with the Stars of Excellence program. They were nominated for the following:
- Heather Chilcutt, Surgery: Nominated by her manager for her hard work and dedication in the department as well as her innovative ideas to improve patient care and satisfaction.
- Cassie Smith, 3rd Tower: Nominated by a department manager for staying to ensure a total joint patient received rehab and was able to be released from the hospital sooner because of the assistance in helping the patient walk and become independent enough to return home.
- Jon Marc Gowan: Nominated by a patient for the great help he provided while he was doing physical therapy for his knee.
- Mary Harrington and Jeanie Rogers, Home Health and Hospice: Nominated by a patient for their professionalism and patience.
- Amy Fitchpatrick, Stress Lab: Nominated by a fellow partner for coming into work when she was supposed to be off to ensure that patients were taken care of for their tests.
- Laura Presson, Central Scheduling: Nominated by a patient for getting her scheduled for the correct ultrasound.
- Jessica Banister, HCHC: Nominated by a patient for going out of her way to research and educate the patient and his wife during his OT sessions.
- Mary Hafner, Home Health and Hospice: Nominated by a patient for ensuring he received everything he needed.
- Meggen Walker, Home Health and Hospice: Nominated by two patients for the care and concern she displayed during their care, communicating with them all along the way.
- Meggen Walker, Jessica Bannister, Jeanie Rogers, Mary Harrington, Home Health and Hospice: Nominated by a patient for going above and beyond for her.
- Jeanie Rogers, Home Health and Hospice: Nominated by three patients for the care they received from her during their time in physical therapy.
To nominate a Henry County Medical Center partner for the Stars of Excellence program, utilize the Dear Lisa or WOW cards located in the Partners in Your Care bags given upon inpatient admission to HCMC. Additionally, the Star Partner forms are available on our website under quick tabs – Healthcare Hero.
About Henry County Medical Center
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.