Cutline: Pictured Is Kim Collums, HCMC Accounting, Star Partner of the Month of May.
PARIS, TN – Henry County Medical Center is proud to announce that the Partner of the Month for May in the Stars of Excellence program is Kim Collums, Accounting. Eleven others were also nominated for the Stars of Excellence program.
Collums was nominated by her Department Director for going above and beyond implementing a new payroll system. Her experience made the transition smooth. She pays very close attention to detail and strives to make sure everyone is getting paid correctly. Kim used a scooter at work when injured so that she did not fall behind in her job responsibilities.
HCMC also awards Star Partners of the month. The Star Partners for the month of May are Mandy Moore, Home Health; Todd Birky, Plant Operations; Chelsie Curtin, Nursing 3 Tower; Brittney Green, Home Health; Jon Marc Gowan, Home Health; Mary Harrington, Home Health; Michelle Armstrong, Healthcare and Information Management, Lori McCormick, Food and Nutrition Services and Brenda Robbins, Cheryl Owen, and Cynthia Cunningham, Human Resources.
These HCMC partners were nominated by patients and coworkers for their hard work and dedication towards this hospital. Their work does not go unnoticed here at HCMC and the hospital is glad to be able to honor them with the Stars of Excellence program. They were nominated for the following:
- Mandy Moore: Nominated by a coworker for going above and beyond to ensure that her patient had food for the weekend. She purchased pizza for a patient and spouse when it came to her attention that they only had a few cans of soup to get them through the weekend.
- Todd Birky: Nominated by a Department Director for promptly addressing the smell of gas. He brought over a carbon monoxide detector and stayed with the partners until it dropped to low levels. He checked back in later in the day to make sure the level was down to zero. He did not waste time to make sure it was fixed.
- Chelsie Curtin: Nominated by her Department Director for having a critical thinker’s eye. She noticed slight changes in a patient and was able to get the physicians to intervene before it was too late. Her quick thinking and actions prevented some very bad outcomes.
- Brittney Green: Nominated by a patient for being compassionate, gentle, and patient with her. She was very helpful to the patient and the patient expressed her gratitude.
- Jon Marc Gowan: Nominated by a patient for his encouragement in therapy and helping her get back on her feet. He was nominated for his compassion and professionalism.
- Mary Harrington: Nominated by a patient for being patient and going out of her way to make sure the patient’s needs were met.
- Michelle Armstong: Nominated by her Department Director for striving for outstanding customer service on a daily basis. She is consistent and makes a point to be positive and encouraging to all patients who cross her path.
- Lori McCormick: Nominated by her Department Director for stepping up to ensure all duties were completed in her department. She has trained many new staff and become a great leader in her department. She is flexible and willing to help in any area she is needed.
- Brenda Robbins, Cheryl Owen, and Cynthia Cunningham: Nominated by their Department Director for their support and acceptance of growth in their department. They have worked countless hours to ensure new processes are working properly. Their department works more efficiently because of them.
To nominate a Henry County Medical Center partner for the Stars of Excellence program, utilize the Dear Lisa or WOW cards located in the Partners in Your Care bags given upon inpatient admission to HCMC. Additionally, the Star Partner forms are available on our website under quick tabs – Healthcare Hero.
About Henry County Medical Center
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.