Cutline: Pictured is Jon-Marc Gowen, HCMC’s Partner of the month in the Stars of Excellence Program. Gowen works at Home Health and Hospice as a PTA
PARIS, TN – Henry County Medical Center is proud to announce the partner of the month for March in the Stars of Excellence program is Jon-Marc Gowen, Home Health & Hospice. Fourteen others were also nominated for the Stars of Excellence program.
Jon Marc Gowen, PTA at Home Health and Hospice, continuously gets nominated for Star Partner of the Month with multiple nominations each month. This month, the committee decided to honor him for all his work with patients. This month a patient nominated him for the excellent work he did with her and her second knee replacement. He exemplified professional qualities that can only come from hiring and recruiting excellent employees and good leadership at the top.
HCMC also awards star partners of the month. The star partners for the month of March are Nicole Lamberth, Rehab Services; Tracye Morgan, Home Health & Hospice; Brittany Reeder, Emergency Room; Suzanne Wilson, Centralized Scheduling; JoAnn Hoffman, Materials Management; Jessica Bannister, Home Health & Hospice/Rehab Services; Carman Wright, Home Health & Hospice; Marsha Anderson, Centralized Scheduling; Lonnie Chambliss, Plant Operations; Delene Humphreys, Rehab Services; Brittney Green, Home Health & Hospice; George Milam, In Home Equipment + Supplies; Cynthia Cunningham, Human Resources; and Richard Farrell, Plant Operations.
These HCMC partners were nominated by patients and coworkers for their hard work and dedication towards this hospital. Their work does not go unnoticed here at HCMC and the hospital is glad to be able to honor them with the Stars of Excellence program. They were nominated for the following:
- Nicole Lamberth: Nominated by a fellow partner in her department for assisting the inpatient physical therapy staff with a patient who needed vestibular rehabilitation services and screenings. Her willingness to assist her inpatient staff on a Friday afternoon was much appreciated and assisted the patient greatly.
- Tracye Morgan: Nominated by her department manager for the care and compassion she showed her mother-in-law and family when her mother-in-law passed away. They called Tracye and she immediately came to assist the family with arrangements and stayed with them showing compassion and empathy during a very difficult time.
- Brittney Reeder: Nominated by an ER patient for the exceptional care she provided to him. The ER was extremely busy that night with critical patients, but Brittney was always present and caring, even staying well beyond shift change to ensure her patients were taken care of and that she did not leave her department in a bind during a very busy time.
- Suzanne Wilson: Nominated by fellow partners for her persistence and willingness to seek out answers for a patient on a Friday afternoon when everyone had left for the day. A patient who was scheduled for surgery had not been given the day or time, but knew the surgery was the next week. She could not find him on the schedule so she went to Outpatient Surgery, called the physician’s office, and worked to track down answers for the patient before the weekend.
- JoAnn Hoffman: Nominated by the Director of Surgical Services for her outstanding attitude and ease to work with since she began her new role at HCMC. JoAnn has worked to find solutions and alternatives in supplies for the department even getting samples all in an effort to save the department money and resources.
- Jessica Bannister: Nominated by fellow partner for the care she provided a patient. Because she was attentive to this patient’s needs, she noticed several health issues going on and notified his home health nurse to come to his home. The nurse was with another patient, so Jessica stayed with the patient until the nurse could get to his house and assess his needs.
- Carman Wright: Nominated by her department manager for going above and beyond for a patient who needed skilled rehab services. Carman worked with the insurance provided to ensure the rehab was preauthorized and even went and helped the patient pack and helped pay for transportation to get the patient to the skilled rehab facility.
- Marsha Anderson: Nominated by a fellow partner for the outstanding service she provides with a positive attitude. She is thorough when scheduling patients and ensures that everything is in place so that things run smoothly for the patients and the imaging department.
- Lonnie Chambliss: Nominated by the Rehab Services Director for stopping what he was doing and coming within 20 to 30 minutes to assist the installers of the new electric doors at the Kelley Clinic with electricity to complete the install for better patient care.
- Delene Humphreys: Nominated by her department manager for her hard work and dedication learning the new payroll and HR system for the department, ensuring her fellow partners received a correct paycheck. She is now the resident expert for the department.
- Brittney Green: Nominated by two different patients for exceptional care she provided them. She was professional, passionate, and very patient, helping each patient to meet their goals.
- George Milam: Nominated by both his department manager and a fellow partner for the exceptional service he provides to DME patients. George is mentioned in patient surveys and receives high recognition by his patients for the services he provides. Additionally, he goes out of his way even on Friday afternoons with a long drive to make sure patients have what they need before the weekend.
- Cynthia Cunningham: Nominated by fellow partners for the respect she provides to them and how she goes above and beyond to help them when they have issues, concerns, or needs.
- Richard Farrell: Nominated by the Rehab Services Director for stopping what he was doing and coming within 20 to 30 minutes to assist the installers of the new electric doors at the Kelley Clinic with electricity to complete the install for better patient care.
To nominate a Henry County Medical Center partner for the Stars of Excellence program, utilize the Dear Lisa or WOW cards located in the Partners in Your Care bags given upon inpatient admission to HCMC. Additionally, the Star Partner forms are available on our website under quick tabs – Healthcare Hero.
About Henry County Medical Center
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.