Cutline: Pictured are HCMC’s Stars of Excellence recipients for March in the Stars of Excellence program.
PARIS, TN – Henry County Medical Center is proud to announce the Partner of the Month for March in the Stars of Excellence program is Lori Stambaugh, RN, BSN, Community Educator in the Marketing & Public Relations department. Eleven others were also nominated for the Stars of Excellence program.
Stambaugh was nominated by her Department Director for going above and beyond every day in her job to ensure that the organization is viewed in a positive light. She is always working with employers and community organizations to ensure that community health is highlighted in Henry County and the Region. There are two recent examples that showcase her care and compassion for the organization and our region.
First, Stambaugh has helped coordinate Heart Health activities for the community each year. She organized our Heart Health Fair at HCMC each year as well as helped coordinate Save a Heart at Grove. Additionally, she helped to coordinate our photo contest for Heart Health Month, too. The Heart Health Fair alone brought in about 60 people from our community and identified at least 10% of those who attended that needed follow up with a physician.
Secondly, this year, Stambaugh took time to help review and work with HR to look at developing our Wellness from the Heart program. She even agreed to take on the screenings and management of the screenings if needed. It shows that she wants to ensure that the health of our organization is addressed along with the businesses that she works with through our Industrial Wellness program. She also remains extremely active in Healthier TN and Healthier Henry County, helping our county to achieve Gold Status for Healthier TN communities.
These HCMC partners were nominated by patients and coworkers for their hard work and dedication towards this hospital. Their work does not go unnoticed here at HCMC and the hospital is glad to be able to honor them with the Stars of Excellence program. They were nominated for the following:
- Sandra Girard: Nominated by her Department Director for stepping up during the time that EVS Supervisor was out on a several week leave of absence. Girard has done an outstanding job filling in. She has been nothing short of amazing. Girard has only been at HCMC for a few years but her work ethic earned her the respect of her peers and the position of back up supervisor on day shift. Girard holds herself to a higher standard than most people and is very dependable. With very little training and experience, Girard jumped in and did her absolute best to fill in for Teresa. She is professional, trustworthy, and respectable. She cares about the staff and the people we are serving. Girard continues to make this a better, cleaner, and safer place to be in.
- Wendy Crouch: Nominated by a fellow partner for her flexibility and availability to do any job needed. Crouch is often moved within HCHC to fill needs, sometimes floating between LPN and aid roles within one shift. Her knowledge and willingness is one thing, but the great attitude she has no matter what is what makes her worthy of recognition.
- Holly Bennett: Nominated by a fellow partner for the kindness she showed her co-worker when experiencing her own medical emergency. Bennett saw a need and showed comfort and support to her co-worker and her husband.
- Angie Natero: Nominated by a co-worker for going above and beyond for the OB department. Natero is the unit lactation consultant but does so much more. There is not a day that she is not pitching in on the busy floor to help in any way possible. Her lactation expertise is incredible and such an asset to our hospital, but her caring attitude and willing to help means so much more.
- Belinda Fry: Nominated by a co-worker for her patience in teaching a co-worker a new role at St. Thomas Heart. Fry is very caring and loving toward the patients and is a great coworker.
- Brittney Green: Nominated by a patient for getting him back on his feet in less than two weeks. She demonstrated how well a good therapist can make a difference and did an excellent job.
- Kathy Goins, Karen Boase, Kim Carroll, Melissa Carpenter and Anna Mayberry: Nominated by the Director of Marketing for agreeing to speak on video for our career page featured on our website and our career recruitment campaign. All agreed very quickly to do the videos and the results are awesome. Each one shared her story of why she chose to work at HCMC and each one did it beautifully, really showcasing what HCMC means to them. Not one of them complained and each one did an excellent job. It takes great employees to make the organization work and each one of these ladies truly love HCMC and what they do.
To nominate a Henry County Medical Center partner for the Stars of Excellence program, utilize the Dear Lisa or WOW cards located in the Partners in Your Care bags given upon inpatient admission to HCMC. Additionally, the Star Partner forms are available on our website under quick tabs – Healthcare Hero.
About Henry County Medical Center
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.