Cutline: Pictured is Rachel Carroll, Human Resources, who was recognized as Partner of the Month for January.
PARIS, TN – Henry County Medical Center is proud to announce the Partner of the Month for January in the Stars of Excellence program is Rachel Carroll, Human Resources. Five others were also nominated for the Stars of Excellence program.
Carroll was nominated by her manager for the contributions she has made in HR during the short time she has been at HCMC. In her first few weeks, she secured Cares Act grant funds for education from the TN Workforce Development Office. This grant helped to provide Cardiac Catheterization Training, Basic Cath Lab Monitoring, Unconscious Bias Training for all directors and partners, FMLA Training, Phlebotomy Training, Psychopharmacology Training, Assistance with Self Administration: medication savvy for nursing assistants and quality OB training, all equating to over $15,000 to the organization.
These HCMC partners were nominated by patients and coworkers for their hard work and dedication towards this hospital. Their work does not go unnoticed here at HCMC and the hospital is glad to be able to honor them with the Stars of Excellence program. They were nominated for the following:
- Jeannie Roger, Home Health: Nominated by a patient for her help in her recovery from knee replacement surgery.
- Nicole Chipman, Imaging: Nominated by her manager for her diligence in ensuring that a patient who was scheduled for total knee replacement surgery had the proper authorization to ensure that the surgery was reimbursable to the hospital and the physician providing the care.
- Christine Schneider, Environmental Services: Nominated by her manager for her hard work and dedication to her job, stepping up and taking on more work during the pandemic.
- Melissa Carpenter, HCHC Nursing: Nominated by the HCHC administrator for not only fulfilling her role as staff coordinator, but filling in when others are off in patient care as well as helping with staff morale by developing fun activities for partners.
- Jessie Turner, Imaging: Nominated by her manager for the outstanding job she does in her position in centralized scheduling, going above and beyond to ensure precerts are completed and physicians and patients are well taken care of for testing.
To nominate a Henry County Medical Center partner for the Stars of Excellence program, utilize the Dear Lisa or WOW cards located in the Partners in Your Care bags given upon inpatient admission to HCMC. Additionally, the Star Partner forms are available on our website under quick tabs – Healthcare Hero.
About Henry County Medical Center
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.