Cutline 1: Pictured are HCMC’s Stars of Excellence recipients for August in the Stars of Excellence program.
Cutline 2: Pictured is the August Partner of the Month, Tiffany Flippin, Pharmacy.
PARIS, TN – Henry County Medical Center is proud to announce the Partner of the Month for August in the Stars of Excellence program is Tiffany Flippin, Pharmacy. Eleven others were also nominated for the Stars of Excellence program.
Flippin was nominated by her department director for her diligence in updating a patient’s admission medication list. She caught a medication that had previously been discontinued that was incorrectly restarted in the hospital. Harm was avoided thanks to her thorough review. She was also awarded a “Good Catch” Award in her department. Thanks to Flippin for being a shining example of a great employee at HCMC.
HCMC also awards star partners of the month. The Star Partners for the month of August are Brandi Parham, Paris Women’s Center; Jon-Marc Gowan, Home Health; Lindsey Burney, Paris Pulmonary Clinic; Lindsey Gasper, Kelley Clinic; Tracy Ray, Environmental Services; Marsha Anderson and Laura Presson, Central Scheduling; Dalton Ray, Environmental Services; Avery McKee, Paris Pulmonary Clinic; Carrie Mellon, Kelley Clinic; Lachelle Moss, Paris Pulmonary Clinic.
These HCMC partners were nominated by patients and co-workers for their hard work and dedication towards this hospital. Their work does not go unnoticed here at HCMC and the hospital is glad to be able to honor them with the Stars of Excellence program. They were nominated for the following:
- Brandi Parham: Nominated by a partner for her hard work in the absence of her co-workers on FMLA. Parham went beyond her duties in order to keep the clinic running smoothly. She is a vital asset to Paris Women’s Center and keeps Dr. Whitfield on track on a daily basis. Patients love her compassionate bedside manner. She truly goes above and beyond to meet the needs of OB patients.
- Jon-Marc Gowan: Nominated by a patient for helping the patient get up and walk again. Gowan did not give up on the patient and was encouraging the patient to do a little bit more until the patient reached the goal.
- Lindsey Burney: Nominated by a partner for her background of excellent patient care and demonstrating this in the office daily. She is always quick to help out in any situation, from IT knowledge to transporting a patient in a wheelchair when needed. Burney continues to be professional while wearing many hats. She goes above and beyond, using her intelligence and experience to help in every area of patient care.
- Lindsey Gasper: Nominated by a fellow partner for being willing to pick up the slack in busy times no matter what provider needs her. She is willing to do any duty within the clinic. Patients feel so comfortable around her because she is so personable with each and every patient. Gasper makes them feel right at home instead of a doctor’s office.
- Tracy Ray: Nominated for all the hard work and dedication he has put into Kelley Clinic. Ray strives to keep the building spick and span. Recently, Ray came in on a Saturday, scrubbed and waxed the lobby and the patient traffic areas. The floors look absolutely brand new. Thank you, Ray, for all the hard work you have put into Kelley Clinic over the years, “you’re awesome”.
- Marsha Anderson and Laura Presson: Nominated by a fellow partner for their help with a local community screening during the evening hours. They were willing to come and help, even though they were there later in the evening and they both had to be at work early the next morning. They are always on time with smiling faces and extremely courteous to the patients being screened. Their effort and willingness to help is appreciated.
- Dalton Ray: Nominated for coming to Kelley Clinic on a Saturday helping to deep clean and wax the floors. It took a lot of time and muscles to clean the floors. All of the hard work was appreciated.
- Avery McKee: Nominated by a partner for his respect and wonderful manners. If a patient looked as if they needed assistance he would direct them to Dr. Carruth’s new office. He always wore a big smile and was warm and welcoming to all. He made patients feel safe and relieved that they had a ride to their destination. McKee has been an example to all young people in the way that he shows kindness and respect to our elderly generation.
- Carrie Mellon: Nominated by a partner for always being willing to help out, kind to everyone, and going out of her way to help others. She is a very hard worker and an asset to her department.
- Lachelle Moss: Nominated for her tireless work to provide exemplary patient care. She is always available for questions and/or additional training. Even on her day off, she welcomes questions from staff concerning patients. Last month a patient passed out in their office. With help, Moss got the patient in a wheelchair and literally ran to the Emergency Department, holding her arm over the patient. Not only is Moss an exceptional provider, but her integrity and tenacity are contagious.
To nominate a Henry County Medical Center partner for the Stars of Excellence program, utilize the Dear Lisa or WOW cards located in the Partners in Your Care bags given upon inpatient admission to HCMC. Additionally, the Star Partner forms are available on our website under quick tabs – Healthcare Hero.
About Henry County Medical Center
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.