Cutline: Pictured is Meggen Walker, Occupational Therapy at HCMC Home Health and Hospice who recently was recognized as Partner of the Month for August.
PARIS, TN – Henry County Medical Center is proud to announce the Partners of the Month for August in the Stars of Excellence program is Meggen Walker, Occupational Therapy at HCMC Home Health and Hospice. Six others were also nominated for the Stars of Excellence program.
Walker received three nominations for the award with two from patients and one from her supervisor. Walker is new to Home Health and Hospice, but not to the HCMC family, working at HCHC Plumley Rehab for several years. Walker demonstrates patient-centered care and advocates for her patients, working to meet their needs the best way she can. She utilizes both community resources as well as her own money at times to provide her patients with what they need to achieve their maximum level of independence. Her patients note that she shows care, competence, and enthusiasm with her patients helping them to achieve their goals.
These HCMC partners were nominated by patients and coworkers for their hard work and dedication towards this hospital. Their work does not go unnoticed here at HCMC and the hospital is glad to be able to honor them with the Stars of Excellence program. They were nominated for the following:
- George Milam, In Home Equipment + Supplies: Nominated by his manager for his help with a patient who was returning home from Vanderbilt after suffering a major stroke. Milam went to the patient’s house before he came home to help the wife determine what was needed to make the transition to home easier.
- Susan Milliken, In Home Equipment + Supplies: Nominated by her manager for the comments he received from patients about her care regarding equipment and home visits.
- Patrice Hall, HCHC Nursing: Nominated by a fellow partner for the care she gives to her patients. She is quick, efficient, friendly, dependable, and honest and works really hard. Everyone loves her.
- Brittney Green, Home Health and Hospice: Nominated by a patient for her outstanding personality and care, always coming on time and being well informed and courteous.
- Ashley Picker, Cardiopulmonary Services: Nominated by her manager for being an asset to the department, always punctual and competent. She does more than asked and never complains.
- Jon Marc Gowan, Home Health and Hospice: Nominated by two different patients for providing the best, professional, caring therapy, addressing issues and helping patient overcome their obstacles. Always encouraging, patient, and on time.
To nominate a Henry County Medical Center partner for the Stars of Excellence program, utilize the Dear Lisa or WOW cards located in the Partners in Your Care bags given upon inpatient admission to HCMC. Additionally, the Star Partner forms are available on our website under quick tabs – Healthcare Hero.
About Henry County Medical Center
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.