Cutline: Pictured is the April Partner of the Month, Kristian Elliott, FNP, Paris Women’s Center.
PARIS, TN – Henry County Medical Center is proud to announce the Partner of the Month for April in the Stars of Excellence program is Kristian Elliott, Paris Women’s Center. Twenty-seven others were also nominated for the Stars of Excellence program.
Elliott was nominated by a partner for her care and compassion towards a dying patient. She scheduled someone to sit with the patient around the clock all while doing her normal job at the Women’s Center. She graciously upheld the patient’s last wishes and stayed multiple nights to ensure the patient was never left alone. Kristian went above and beyond her call of duty. Thank you, Kristian, for being a shining example of a great employee at HCMC.
HCMC also awards star partners of the month. The Star Partners for the month of April are Jane Poe, Mammography; Joyce Robertson, Radiology; Ashley Russell, Environmental Services; Lori McCormick, Food and Nutrition Services; Lori Stambaugh, Marketing and Public Relations; Jeannie Rogers, Home Health; Lisa Woodworth, Health Information Management; Christine Foran, Nursing Supervisor; Karsen Roberson, Surgery; Yvonne Schoubye, Food and Nutrition Services; Philip McCain, Mary Ann McCain, Hospitalists Program; Kathy Myers, 3rd Tower Nursing; Cyndi Kee, Nursing; Rachel Davis, Surgery Center; Eva Hardin, Roxxy Quinn, Henry Garcia, Deborah Roper, Anesthesia; Melissa Parrish, Surgery; Tammie Holcomb, Transitions Health; Dr. Ray Compton, Paris Surgical Associates; Rhonda Crossett, HCMC Women’s Center; and Leslie West, Jamie McCorkle, Kristian Elliott, Dr. Pam Evans, Elizabeth McCrory, Paris Women’s Center.
These HCMC partners were nominated by patients and coworkers for their hard work and dedication towards this hospital. Their work does not go unnoticed here at HCMC and the hospital is glad to be able to honor them with the Stars of Excellence program. They were nominated for the following:
- Jane Poe: Nominated by a patient for going above and beyond. She is always very pleasant to work with and helps wherever possible. She made sure a patient was comfortable before a test she was nervous about.
- Joyce Robertson: Nominated by a patient for helping her get her x-ray completed She was in a lot of pain and Robertson’s compassion was greatly appreciated.
- Ashley Russell: Nominated by fellow partners for being an excellent new partner. She has a wonderful attitude, works well and works fast. She has made a difference in the positivity in her department.
- Lori McCormick: Nominated by a partner for her outstanding work in her department and willingness to volunteer in projects and activities in the Marketing Department. She used her own supplies to create custom ornaments for the HCMC tree at the Festival of Trees downtown.
- Lori Stambaugh: Nominated by her Department Director for going above and beyond to ensure that the organization is viewed in a positive light. She is always working with employers and community organizations to ensure that community health is highlighted in our region. She stepped up and coordinated Save a Heart at Grove when the coordinated school health representative was unable to. Lori took over the marketing elements for the TN Donor Services recognition program and received silver level recognition for the hospital. She has also been very active in Healthier TN and Healthier Henry County on HCMC’s behalf.
- Jeannie Rogers: Nominated by a patient for easing all of the patient’s anxiety about Physical Therapy. She explains each exercise with so much concern. She makes her patients feel awesome for their achievements. She shows compassion and cares for her patients, she is prompt, courteous and respectful.
- Lisa Woodworth: Nominated by a partner for her willingness to answer any coding question for any department. She goes above and beyond to help without wanting any recognition in return. She is pleasant and helpful at all times.
- Christine Foran: Nominated by a partner for understanding the skill level of all her nurses and using the nurses well. She is always willing to help no matter what floor or area needs someone. She is very kind and is a joy to work for.
- Karsen Roberson: Nominated by a Department Director for her hard work, care for her patients and teamwork. She is dedicated to her work and is a trustworthy partner.
- Yvonne Schoubye: Nominated by a partner for her enthusiasm to ensure we have great quality food in a presentable fashion at catered activities. She has gone above and beyond to ensure we have everything we need and multiple options available. She has received positive comments on her food from the Healthcare Foundation Board and community members.
- Philip McCain, Mary Ann McCain, Hospitalists Program; Kathy Myers, 3rd Tower Nursing; Cyndi Kee, Nursing; Rachel Davis, Surgery Center; Eva Hardin, Roxxy Quinn, Henry Garcia, Deborah Roper, Anesthesia; Melissa Parrish, Surgery; Tammie Holcomb, Transitions Health; Dr. Ray Compton, Paris Surgical Associates; Rhonda Crossett, HCMC Women’s Center; and Leslie West, Jamie McCorkle, Kristian Elliott, Dr. Pam Evans, Elizabeth McCrory, Paris Women’s Center: Nominated by a Department Director and partner for taking the time out of their personal lives to take care of a beloved partner during his final days. The acts of kindness that were shown were remarkable. These partners cared for their patient in numerous ways and never let the patient be alone. They were not paid to do this and did not seek recognition. These partners embody the best of what HCMC strives to be. Nowhere have the values of Trust, Respect, Integrity, Caring, Excellence, Professionalism, and Patient-Centered Concern been more evident.
To nominate a Henry County Medical Center partner for the Stars of Excellence program, utilize the Dear Lisa or WOW cards located in the Partners in Your Care bags given upon inpatient admission to HCMC. Additionally, the Star Partner forms are available on our website under quick tabs – Healthcare Hero.
About Henry County Medical Center
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.