CUTLINE – Pictured are the eight new third-year medical students from Lincoln Memorial University’s DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine that began clinical rotations at HCMC in July.
Paris, TN – Henry County Medical Center welcomed eight new third-year medical students from Lincoln Memorial University’s DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine to campus on Friday, July 15.
Following the onboarding process, the students began to assist healthcare providers in the hospital and within clinics in the surrounding area.
“We are pleased these eight students have chosen Paris to start their clinical training years,” said Dr. Amanda Finley, HCMC’s Director of Medical Education. “Over 30 physicians are now part of the medical education team that provide students with specialty-specific training that prepare these students for board testing and also instill a passion to serve in rural communities.
“I consider these students to be locals with all of them claiming home within a three-hour drive,” Finley continued. “We are planting the seeds of future physicians who will serve our region. These will be our future pediatricians, family physicians, surgeons, psychiatrists, or gastroenterologists.”
The eight third-year students are:
- Sydney Stansberry: A native of Murfreesboro, TN, Stansberry graduated from Central Magnet School in Murfreesboro before going on to Middle Tennessee State University where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Biology.
- Cina Pourhashemi: A Memphis, TN, native, Pourhashemi attended Pleasant View School in Memphis before going on to Christian Brothers University where he received his Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry.
- Ashley Roberts: A native of White House, TN, Roberts graduated from Pope John Paul II Preparatory School before attending Transylvania University in Lexington, KY. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry.
- Jonathan Bowman: A Franklin, TN, native, Bowman was homeschooled before graduating from Union University in Jackson, TN, with a Bachelor of Science degree in biology.
- Abby Burnett: Burnett is a native of Evansville, IN, and attended Mater Die High School. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology (pre-med) from Marian University in Indianapolis, IN.
- Arsany Mina Abouda: A native of Nashville, TN, Abouda attended Antioch High School. He then received his Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular Biology from Lipscomb University in Nashville.
- Caroline Welsh: Welsh is from Clarksville, TN, and attended Montgomery Central High School. She graduated from Austin Peay State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology.
- Christa Palms: Palms is a native of Memphis, TN, and graduate from St. George’s Independent School. She then went on to the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga where she received her Bachelor of Science in Biology.
About Henry County Medical Center
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Additionally, HCMC owns and operates 7 provider clinics in various specialties. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.