PARIS, TN – HCMC Surgery Center has updated its visitation policy effective Thursday, March 19 in conjunction with the visitation changes that have occurred at Henry County Medical Center in continued efforts to prepare for novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Their new visitation policy is as follows:
- NO visitors under the age of 18 will be allowed at the HCMC Surgery Center.
- Only 1 visitor per patient will be allowed in the facility at one time.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, body aches or if you have been in any area where you may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus (coronavirus) DO NOT ENTER THIS FACILITY and potentially expose your loved one, friend, or any of the staff to this potentially deadly virus.
How you can help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses such as Coronavirus:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then discard in a trash.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Again, if you believe you meet the criteria for the coronavirus including having the symptoms, traveling outside the United States or in the domestic hot spots associated with COVID – 19, or being in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please call your primary care provider to arrange for medical evaluation and testing. If you present to our Emergency Department without a provider order for testing, you will be registered as an ER patient and be treated and charged as an ER patient, as well as masked and isolated. If you have an order for testing from your provider, you will be instructed to park in the ER parking lot and a clinical staff member will come out and do the testing through our outpatient lab services.
HCMC is making every effort to educate and inform the public on ways to remain healthy through our website and our social media outlets, including specifically rigorous and frequent hand washing. Please check back often for updates including a section dedicated to COVID-19 located here: https://www.hcmc-tn.org/coronavirus-covid-19-information/ . For additional information, watch a video from our Community Pop Up event on coronavirus here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-iA5IPc4G8&t=3s
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Additionally, HCMC owns and operates 8 provider clinics in various specialties. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.