Paris, TN – The Volunteer Auxiliary at Henry County Medical Center is comprised of nearly 50 volunteers that serve across the organization. Auxiliary volunteers offer their time, talent and dedication throughout the hospital in patient care and clerical settings. Our volunteers come from unique backgrounds and share the common interest in helping others.
The HCMC Auxiliary Volunteers not only give their time to the organization, they also participate in many special projects including making Christmas stockings for babies born in December, collecting items to donate to the Henry County Family Resource Center, and making surgery caps for children having outpatient surgeries.
Additionally, the Auxiliary Volunteers raise funds through the Pink Petal Gift Shop, jewelry sales, and other special projects to purchase non-budgeted items requested by HCMC and HCHC as funds allow. Since 2008, the HCMC Volunteer Auxiliary has made contributions and donations totaling over $144,000. Below is a list of contributions or projects they have been a part over the years:
- Donations to the HCMC Healthcare Foundation
- HCMC Emergency Room renovations & equipment
- HCMC Transcart
- HCMC Community Education Osteoporosis Scanner
- Games for Lake Haven patients
- Television for Plumley Rehabilitation Center
- Bears for HCMC Pediatric patients
- Hearing screening equipment for newborns
- Supplies for EMS lake station
- Pagers for the Diagnostic Center
- Treadmill for Cardiac Rehab
- Curtains for the Surgery Center
- Christmas Stockings for newborns
- Table and chairs for HCMC Atrium area
- Desk for HCMC surgery waiting area
- Furniture for Lake Haven
- Donation towards the Caring Hearts Cancer Survivor Dinner
- New freezer for HCMC Food & Nutrition Services
- New ATP Monitoring System for HCMC Surgery Department
- Weighted blankets for HCHC patients in Plumley Rehab
- Scholarships to graduating Henry County High School Seniors entering the healthcare profession
The HCMC Volunteer Auxiliary just finished a jewelry sale in November and raised over $4,100 to support projects like these as well as scholarships. Their support over their 65 years both financially and physically are what keep HCMC growing forward.
“We are so very proud of our volunteers at HCMC,” said Tory Daughrity, Director of Marketing & PR at HCMC. “For 65 years they have been a driving force for our organization through their time and commitment. We couldn’t do it without our volunteers and I am so glad that they are a part of our department and organization. If you are looking for a way to give back to the community, you really should consider becoming an HCMC volunteer.”
The HCMC Volunteer Auxiliary is always looking for additional volunteers. Applications are located in the Pink Petal Gift Shop and the HCMC Marketing office.
For more information about the HCMC Volunteer Auxiliary, please visit our website at www.hcmc-tn.org, or give our volunteer coordinator a call at 731-644-8267.
About Henry County Medical Center
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Additionally, HCMC owns and operates 7 provider clinics in various specialties. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.