PARIS, TN – With COVID-19 inpatient numbers continuing to rise and the positivity rate in Henry County and the region increasing, HCMC Medical Clinics, Surgery Center, and Diagnostic Center announce visitation changes. Additionally, Health Information Management or Medical Records announces changes to obtaining medical records.
Effective immediately, the following visitation policies have been established:
- If you have fever or cough, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER.
- BEFORE ENTERING THE BUILDING, call the Center and you will be given instructions on how to proceed. The number to call is: 731-644-8233, option 3.
- Only ONE support person per OB Ultrasound patient will be allowed in the Center. NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED TO WAIT IN THE WAITING ROOM.
- To protect all patients, NO ONE Under the Age of 13 WILL BE ALLOWED in the Center unless they are the patient.
- Masking is Required.
- Support people or caregivers will be asked to wait in their vehicles until the patient is discharged.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, body aches or if you have been in any area where you may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus (coronavirus), DO NOT ENTER THIS FACILITY and potentially expose your loved one, friend, or any of the staff to this potentially deadly virus.
- Masking is Required.
Beginning Thursday, August 5, the following guidelines have been established for the HCMC Medical Clinics:
- NO VISITORS ALLOWED
- Only exceptions will be needed caregivers or support persons such as a parent of a patient under 18 years of age. Some special circumstances may apply.
- Due to increased exposure in the community, WE ARE REQUIRING MASKS in all clinics.
- Please bring a mask to your appointment. OB Patients will be allowed to have ONE visitor on their first ultrasound performed at Paris Women’s Center.
Below are the numbers to contact each Medical Clinic:
- Paris Women’s Center – 731-644-8225
- Paris Pulmonary Clinic – 731-641-2765
- Transitions Health – 731-641-2707
- Eagle Creek Clinic – 731-407-7013
- Innovative Orthopedics – 731-644-8304
- Paris Pediatrics – 731-644-2747
- Kentucky Lake Urologic Associates – 731-642-8884
- Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine – 731-644-8208
- Center for Wellness & Rehab – 731-642-2411
The process for obtaining your medical records from Health Information Management has also changed with the change in visitation. Everyone who needs medical records must contact 731-644-8432 for an appointment to pick up their records. They must present a photo ID and be prepared to sign a release for any information/records being picked up. Records being picked up by someone other than the owner of the records, will need to have a signed note and photo of the ID of the owner of the record stating they have permission to obtain their medical records. Our Release of Information partners will meet them in the ER circle and verify their identification and release their records to them.
As schedules continue to change, HCMC will keep patients informed through our website, www.hcmc-tn.org and on our social media platforms. Additionally, HCMC continues to provide information on testing, hospitalizations, and deaths within our organization weekly. HCMC Administration continues to follow the CDC guidelines as well as the TN Department of Health guidelines to ensure the safety of our patients, families, partners, and community.
One of the best ways to prevent COVID-19 is to get vaccinated. The Pfizer vaccine has been approved for ages 12 and up. Henry County Medical Center is providing two vaccination clinic opportunities in the near future. The first is Thursday, August 5 at Henry County High School at Meet the Patriots beginning at 5 p.m. Anyone 12 and older is eligible; however, parents must be present in order for children under 18 to receive the vaccine as well as bring identification. The second event will be held on Saturday, August 21 from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Paris Pediatrics. Appointments are encouraged for these events by calling 731-336-6155 or emailing email@example.com. Walk-ins are welcome. If you cannot make it to one of these events, vaccines are readily available at the local health department, as well as at most local pharmacies. Vaccination sites can also be found at www.vaccinefinder.org.
During the month of August, HCMC will be offering Pfizer vaccines at the hospital from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. every Friday. Appointments are encouraged for these events by calling 731-336-6155 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-ins are welcome.
Additionally, for the month of August, the Cancer Support Group meeting has been cancelled.
How you can help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses such as COVID-19:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then discard in a trash.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Additionally, HCMC owns and operates 7 provider clinics in various specialties. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org