Cutline 1: Pictured are HCMC’s Stars of Excellence recipients for April and May in the Stars of Excellence Program
Cutline 2: Pictured is Amanda Hewitt, HCHC Food and Nutrition who was selected as the Partner of the Month for April in the HCMC Stars of Excellence program.
Cutline 3: Pictured is Kelly McCaig, Physician Practices, who was selected as the Partner of the Month for May in the HCMC Stars of Excellence program
PARIS, TN – Henry County Medical Center is proud to announce that the Partner of the Month for April in the Stars of Excellence program is Amanda Hewitt, HCHC Food and Nutrition. Kelly McCaig, Physician Practices, was selected as the Partner of the Month for May. Thirteen others were also nominated for the Stars of Excellence program.
Hewitt was nominated by her Department Director Lawanna Johnson, for making and giving items to our residents and patients at HCHC for special holidays including Valentine’s Day and Easter. Hewitt is one of the cooks at HCHC and gives with a loving heart items like gift bags, cards, candy, thank you notes, and personalized decorations with goodies. She makes everyone she encounters feel special.
McCaig was nominated by Karen Boase for her dedication to the physician practice team related to the electronic health record system. With a recent upgrade that experienced several issues as well as errors on another system, McCaig worked diligently to address the issues and fix them. She is always very responsive and ensures that the clinics have as little down time and frustration as possible related to these issues.
HCMC also awards Star Partners of the month. The Star Partners for the month of April and May are Marla Simpson, Environmental Services; Joyce Faulkner, Education; Michael White, Cardiopulmonary Services; Tera Pruett and Meggen Walker, Home Health and Hospice; Deb Oakley, Food and Nutrition; Betty Beaulac, Food and Nutrition; Cyndi Warda, Environmental Services; and Debbie Brogdon, Trayce Morgan, Delana McClure, Verita Weaver, and Sharon Wilbanks from Home Health and Hospice.
These HCMC partners were nominated by patients and coworkers for their hard work and dedication towards this hospital. Their work does not go unnoticed here at HCMC and the hospital is glad to be able to honor them with the Stars of Excellence program. They were nominated for the following:
- Simpson: She was nominated by CCU because she is a pleasure to work with, always bringing a smile to the unit. She does her job with such integrity. She is a very kind and caring person. She takes the time to explain how important her job is. That attitude shows in her work as well. She does a great job every day she is here and makes a difference.
- Faulkner: She has been working so hard to improve and meet the needs for HCMC employees. She is accommodating and flexible. When the new hires get to areas, they talk about how great she is, and they are ready to begin work. She is so loyal and dedicated to her role.
- White: He was nominated by his director for his willingness to take extra shifts and never complain when asked. His willingness is greatly appreciated.
- Pruett and Walker: Both were nominated by a patient for going out of their way to care for her and ensure she received the best care at home.
- Oakley: She was nominated by the CCU Director for her patience and kindness while working the grill, the busiest place in the cafeteria. She does a great job of handling the pressure of the job with a positive and pleasant attitude.
- Beaulac: She was nominated by the CCU Director for her hard work and dedication. She came in on her day off for a staff meeting and ended up staying the rest of the day because of staff call ins.
- Warda: She was nominated by the CCU Director for her hard work, always searching for more to do with a beautiful smile every day. Her work ethic and attitude are appreciated.
- Brogdon, Morgan, McClure, Weaver, and Wilbanks: They were nominated by a patient’s family for the courteous and professional way they cared for the patient and family, answering questions and going far above and beyond to education them. They are thankful for all the care they gave the family member.
To nominate a Henry County Medical Center partner for the Stars of Excellence program, utilize the Dear Administration or WOW cards located in the Partners in Your Care bags given upon inpatient admission to HCMC. Additionally, the Star Partner forms are available on our website under quick tabs – Healthcare Hero.
About Henry County Medical Center
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.