PARIS, TN – As the state begins to take steps to reopen businesses and restaurants, Henry County Medical Center is actively looking at our programs and services and developing the best approach to ensure the safety of our patients, staff, visitors, and community.
Starting this week, Total Joint Replacement Classes that occur each Tuesday in the HCMC Private Dining Room at 1 p.m. will continue as planned, but will occur in HCMC Classrooms 2 & 3. Patients attending these will be contacted and small class size will be implemented. These classes are important for best outcomes and success for those having these surgeries.
Additionally, Breastfeeding Support Group which meets every Wednesday at 10 a.m. in the Paris Women’s Center Educational Room will continue as scheduled.
The following events have been cancelled for the month of May at this time:
- Alzheimer’s Disease Support Group – Tuesday, May 19 at 5 p.m., HCMC Classrooms 2 & 3
- Better Breathers Support Group – Monday, May 18 at 2 p.m., HCMC Cafeteria
- Cancer Support Group – Thursday, May 14, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., First Presbyterian Church
- HCMC Auxiliary Monthly Meeting – Wednesday, May 27, 11 a.m., HCMC Classrooms
- Chronic Disease Management Screenings – Wednesday, May 20 from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., HCMC Private Dining Room. If you need your lab work completed prior to next screening, please call the Healthcare Foundation office at 731-644-8215.
- Henry County Office on Aging Blood Pressures – Tuesday, May 5 and Tuesday, May 19, 9 a.m.
Sadly, Henry County Medical Center will be suspending both its Job Shadowing Program and Junior Volunteer Program for the summer.
Additionally, the annual Geranium/Plant Sale held by the Paris and Henry County Healthcare Foundation has been cancelled for May 7 & 8. The Uniform Sale that was to be held on Tuesday, May 12, has now been moved to June 29.
The application deadline for the Paris and Henry County Healthcare Foundation Plumley Scholarship is now Friday, May 1 and can be e-mailed to email@example.com or faxed to 731-644-8360.
HCMC Administration continues to follow the CDC guidelines as well as the TN Department of Health guidelines to ensure the safety of our patients, families, partners, and community.
How you can help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses such as Coronavirus:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then discard in a trash.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
HCMC is making every effort to educate and inform the public on ways to remain healthy through our website and our social media outlets, including specifically rigorous and frequent hand washing. Please check back often for updates including a section dedicated to COVID-19.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your health care provider. To learn more, go to our website at www.hcmc-tn.org or go to the CDC website at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Additionally, HCMC owns and operates 8 provider clinics in various specialties. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.