PARIS, TN – For the safety of patients, staff, and community, Henry County Medical Center has announced several cancellations of scheduled upcoming events. Any rescheduling will be announced once the new dates and times are decided.
The following events have been cancelled at this time:
- Alzheimer’s Disease Support Group – Tuesday, March 17 and Tuesday, April 21 at 5 p.m., HCMC Classrooms 2 & 3
- Better Breathers Support Group – Monday, April 20 at 2 p.m., HCMC Cafeteria
- Cancer Support Group – Thursday, April 9, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., First Presbyterian Church
- Concerning Health Lunch to Learn with Dr. Foust – Wednesday, March 18, 12 Noon, HCMC Diagnostic Center
- Cardiac Rehab Nutrition Class – Wednesday, March 18, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., HCMC Private Dining Room
- HCMC Auxiliary Monthly Meeting – Wednesday, March 25 and Wednesday, April 22, 11 a.m., HCMC Classrooms
- TN Donor Flag Raising Ceremony – Wednesday, April 1 at 10 a.m. at HCMC Front Lobby
- Henry County Farm Bureau Community Screening – Thursday, April 2, 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Heartsaver First Aid and CPR Class – Friday, April 3, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., HCMC Classrooms
- Senior Stars Screening – Thursday, April 9, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., HCMC Classrooms
- Chronic Disease Management Screenings – Wednesday, March 25 and Wednesday, April 22 from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., HCMC Private Dining Room. If you need your lab work completed prior to next screening, please call the Healthcare Foundation office at 731-644-8300.
- Henry County Office on Aging Blood Pressures – Tuesday, April 7 and Tuesday, April 21, 9 a.m.
- Henry County Office on Aging Health Talks – Wednesday, March 18, 10 a.m. and Thursday, April 16, 10 a.m.
- Carroll County Office on Aging Blood Pressure Checks – Thursday, April 9 at 11 a.m.
- Prevent Type 2 Diabetes Class and Reunion Class – Scheduled to begin Monday, April 6 is now postponed until further notice.
At this time, all Total Joint Replacement Classes that occur each Tuesday in the HCMC Private Dining Room at 1 p.m. will continue as planned. Patients attending these will be contacted and small class size will be implemented. These classes are important for best outcomes and success for those having these surgeries.
Additionally, Breastfeeding Support Group which meets every Wednesday at 10 a.m. in the Paris Women’s Center Educational Room and the Bright Beginnings Childbirth Education Class set for Saturday, April 11 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. in HCMC Classrooms will continue as scheduled.
Henry County Medical Center has also suspended until further notice our Job Shadowing Program. Additionally, the Junior Volunteer program may be altered. The parent meetings schedule to occur on April 13 and April 22 have been cancelled.
The application deadline for the Paris and Henry County Healthcare Foundation Plumley Scholarship will be extended and determined once school is back in session.
The Coronavirus Pop Up Community Forum – Preparing the Workplace for Coronavirus is still on for Wednesday, March 18 at 11 a.m. at the Paris and Henry County Chamber of Commerce, but we are encouraging those attending to watch the Live FB feed of the event.
HCMC will continue posting information including visitation restrictions on a dedicated COVID-19 update page: https://www.hcmc-tn.org/coronavirus-covid-19-information/
How you can help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses such as Coronavirus:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then discard in a trash.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
HCMC is making every effort to educate and inform the public on ways to remain healthy through our website and our social media outlets, including specifically rigorous and frequent hand washing. Please check back often for updates including a section dedicated to COVID-19. For additional information, watch a video from our Community Pop Up event on coronavirus here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-iA5IPc4G8&t=3s
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Additionally, HCMC owns and operates 8 provider clinics in various specialties. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: www.hcmc-tn.org.