Junior Volunteer Program
Thank you for your interest in the Henry County Medical Center Junior Volunteer Program! The HCMC Junior Volunteer Program provides the youth of our community opportunities for personal growth and development.
Volunteers provide supplemental services throughout the hospital, while gaining personal satisfaction, personality development, maturity and the understanding of various health careers that a hospital environment offers them in planning their future.
Our teen volunteers have the opportunity to learn the importance of ethics and confidentiality, professional behavior and appearance, proper patient interaction, infection control, fire safety and more. Junior Volunteers serve others while making new friends, developing self-esteem, and creating memories that are fulfilling and meaningful. It is the energy and compassion of our teen volunteers that enrich the lives of patients, visitors and employees!
Junior Volunteers may serve in many ways and in various departments throughout the organization. Some of the areas our Junior Volunteers serve include:
- Business Office
- Observation Unit
- 3rd Tower
- 2 South
- Medical Records
- Public Relations
- Surgery (Recovery Room)
- Physical Therapy at Plumley Rehab Center
- Physical Therapy at HCMC Center for Wellness
Additionally, Junior Volunteers at Henry County Medical Center have the opportunity to gain valuable insight into healthcare related fields as part of our Academy Sessions held at various times throughout the summer.
2022 Junior Volunteer Program
Begins: Monday, June 6, 2022
Ends: Friday, July 29, 2022
Parent Informational Meetings
May 23, May 24, and June 3 at 5 p.m. HCMC Classrooms 2 & 3
Wednesday, June 8th, 2022
TO BECOME A JUNIOR VOLUNTEER YOU MUST:
- Fill out the Henry County Medical Center Junior Volunteer application, then email, fax, or drop it off to the Marketing Department. *All applications must be submitted by Tuesday, May 31, 2022. Alternative Date: Wednesday, June 8, 2022
- Submit two references by a school counselor, teacher, or principal.
- Write a 200 word (minimum) essay explaining why you want to be a Junior Volunteer and what area(s) of healthcare most interest you and why.
- After your completed application and availability has been reviewed, we will contact you to inform you if you have been accepted into the program.