Healthy Henry County Walking Club
Small Steps to Healthy Living
Tired of walking alone? Looking for a new way to motivate yourself to get moving? Then join the Healthy Henry County Walking Club at HCMC.
This free walking club meets every Wednesday at 12 Noon in the HCMC Front Lobby for a 20 minute walk, rain or shine. Depending on the weather conditions, walks may take place indoors or outdoors.
Participants who sign up for the walking club will receive a free pedometer and the opportunity to win great prizes like cups, mugs, gift cards, exercise equipment, and t-shirts based on points earned.
Why Walk? Walking…
- Improves flexibility and coordination.
- Helps to control body weight and reduce body fat.
- Improves mood and relieves symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Strengthens bones.
- Reduces the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and some types of cancer.
- Additionally, regular participation in physical activities, like walking, is associated with increased life expectancy.
You already know the health benefits of walking, but what about the benefits of joining a walking club?
Benefits of joining a walking club include:
- Increased accountability.
- You receive motivation from others in your group.
- Added safety.
- An opportunity to meet new people and socialize with your peers.
Enrollment in the Healthy Henry County Walking Club is always open and always free! We hope you will join us on Wednesdays to get moving towards a healthier you!
For more information, call our Find Line at 731-644-3463 or go to our classes & events page.