Internal Medicine Residency Program Benefits
The Henry County Medical Center Internal medicine residency program in Paris, TN, offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Internal medicine residents are given time to participate in educational conferences in addition to vacation days. They also receive an educational allowance based on their program year.
Total salary & benefits for residents
PGY1 – $53,627
PGY2 – $55,433
PGY3 – $57,198
If employment contract is less than 12 months, salary and paid time off (PTO) are prorated for the length of the contract.
Time off / vacation
Residents are allotted 20 total leave days, per contract year.
- Life insurance
- Comprehensive health insurance plan*, including prescription card
- Health Savings Account (optional)
- Dental and Vision plans (optional)
- Voluntary benefits include: critical illness and accident, voluntary disability insurance, whole life legal insurance; auto and home insurance; identity theft; pet insurance; purchasing power, personal and family legal coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program: counseling and psychological support – 6 free counseling sessions per year
- Fitness Centers discount
- Retirement plans
- Professional Residency Program liability insurance
- Meal plan
- Three complimentary lab coats, including dry cleaning
- Medical library privileges
- Reimbursement of residency training license fees
- Reimbursement of Board exam fees are reimbursed (COMLEX III or USMLE 3 must be taken while under current contract; paid once by the program)
- ACP membership dues paid by program
- ABIM or AOBIM (at Program’s discretion) registration fee reimbursed (once).
*Health insurance can only be declined if a resident provides evidence of separate coverage comparable to Henry County Medical Center. Residents must keep a health insurance policy in force for the duration of training.