AARP Driver Safety Course
Tickets & PricingThis event is free.
Henry County Medical Center will host an AARP Safe Drivers’ Class Monday and Tuesday, May 14 and 15, 2018 from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. in classrooms 2 and 3. A light breakfast will be served, compliments of the hospital. Both sessions must be attended. The cost is $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members with checks payable to AARP the day of class.
What will I learn by taking the course?
- How to minimize the effects of dangerous blind spots
- How to maintain the proper following distance behind another car
- The safest ways to change lanes and make turns at busy intersections
- Proper use of safety belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and new technologies used in cars
- Ways to monitor your own and others’ driving skills and capabilities
- The effects of medications on driving
- The importance of eliminating distractions, such as eating, smoking, and cell-phone use
After completing the course, you will have a greater appreciation of driving challenges and of how you can avoid potential collisions and injuries to yourself and others.
What else do I need to know?
- The course is available in classroom and online settings. The cost for the online course is $15.95 for AARP members and $19.95 for non-members.
- You may be eligible to receive an insurance discount upon completing the course, so consult your agent for details.
- You may be eligible to receive a discount on roadside assistance plans.
- The AARP Driver Safety Program has helped millions of drivers stay safe on the roads since its inception in 1979.
- Although it is geared to drivers age 50 and older, the course is open to people of all ages.
- AARP membership is not required to take the course.
- There is no test to pass.
How can I register?
To register for the class at HCMC, call 731-644-3463 or 800-246-2508 or online below. To register for the online course, visit aarpdriversafety.org.
You’ll receive a certificate of completion after attending the course. Presenting this to your insurance agent can often result in a reduction in your premiums.