Patient & Family Advisory Council at Henry County Medical Center
Partnerships with patients and families are the foundation of excellence in Patient and Family Centered Care, and at Henry County Medical Center our patients are valued members of the medical care team.
Henry County Medical Center is looking for 14 individuals from our primary service area of Henry, Benton, Carroll, Stewart, and Weakley counties to join us on this council. Applications are now being accepted and the council will begin meeting officially in July 2018. Applications must be submitted for this council by March 30, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are available for download here: Patient and Family Advisory Council Membership Application 2018.
The mission of the Patient and Family Advisory Council is to be the voice for patients and their family members, advocating for communication and collaboration between patients, families, caregivers, and healthcare professionals to promote an exceptional patient experience and healthcare outcomes.
Our vision is that patients at Henry County Medical Center will have a successful, compassionate, and supportive health care experience. To achieve this, collaborative involvement of patients and families is essential and welcomed by HCMC’s leadership and members of its staff in order for us to transform our community’s health through nationally recognized, accessible and sustainable healthcare.
- To advise staff and serve as a resource
- To promote improved relationships
- To provide communication and input into policy and program development
- To channel information, needs, and concerns
- To provide opportunities for staff to listen to their customers
- Help establish patient- and family-centered care priorities.
- Help identify and implement strategies to support patients and families, improve their experiences with care, and strengthen communication and collaboration between health care providers and patients and families.
- Attend meetings regularly and read materials and agendas prior to meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality of any sensitive information shared during meetings.
- Speak up and share health care/caregiving experiences and perspectives with the practice in constructive ways.
- Balance individual perspectives with the larger goal of improving care for all patients by recognizing that the experiences of one may not be same as the experiences of many.
- Assist in planning, implementation, and evaluation of quality improvement projects.
- Contribute to staff and clinician understanding of patient- and family-centered care principles.
Functions of the Council
- Reviews patient satisfaction scores
- Provides feedback about hospital projects or initiatives from a consumer point of view
- Is apprised about new programming that will benefit patient care
- Participates in rounding
- Reviews and updates patient education materials
- Provides feedback and input on marketing and communications initiatives
To learn more about the Patient and Family Advisory Council, contact Tory Daughrity, Director of Marketing & Public Relations at email@example.com or by calling 731-644-8266.