Thank you for choosing Henry County Medical Center for your surgical procedure. Our friendly and caring staff is knowledgeable and attentive to the needs of our patents. We are committed to providing the highest quality services and care to our patients and strive to make your experience at HCMC as stress free as possible. Pre-registration is now offered for all surgical procedures for your convenience.
Outpatient surgeries can be performed at either the HCMC Main Campus or at the HCMC Surgery Center, located at 1002 Corner Stone Drive, Paris, TN. Individuals having outpatient procedures can expect to be discharged on the same day as his or her surgery.
Inpatient surgeries all take place at the HCMC Main Campus. Individuals having inpatient procedures will spend at least one night in the hospital where he or she will be monitored by the surgeon, our excellent nursing staff and our hospitalist physician.
HCMC is pleased to be one of the first medical centers in Tennessee outside of a metropolitan area to offer DaVinci Robot surgery services. Currently, the DaVinci Robot is being utilized by our Urologist, two OB/GYNs and two General Surgeons. With our commitment towards growth, we hope to increase the number of DaVinci Robot surgery services in the future.
Services offered at the HCMC Main Campus
- General Surgery
- Pain Management
- GI Endoscopy
- DaVinci Robot Surgery Services
- RIO Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopaedic System
Physicians Utilizing HCMC
Dr. Russell Boyd, General Surgery
- Dr. Blake Chandler, Orthopedic Surgery
- Dr. Raymond Compton, General Surgery
- Dr. Jason Harper, General Surgery
- Dr. Andrew Lundberg, Vascular Surgery
- Dr. Joe Mobley, Jr., Urology
- Dr. Joe Mobley III, Urology
- Dr. John Beddies, Urology
- Dr. Mark Cutright, Orthopedic Surgery
- Dr. Eugene Gulish, Orthopedic Surgery
- Dr. Heather Melton, Orthopedic Surgery
- Dr, Kyle Stephens, Orthopedic Surgery
- Dr. Lakisha Crigler, OB/GYN
- Dr. Dennis Weick, OB/GYN
- Dr, Paul Locus, OB/GYN
How to Prepare for Surgery
The Night Before Surgery
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the day before your surgery, unless instructed by your doctor or the pre-op nurse. (This includes gum, candy, mints or tobacco)
- Please remove all nail polish and make-up
- Please do not bring any valuables or jewelry or leave it with family.
- Please refrain from smoking on the day of your surgery
- Please refrain from alcoholic beverage 24 hour prior to surgery.
The Day of Your Surgery
- Shower or bathe with antibacterial soap
- Unless you have been told otherwise by your doctor or pre-op nurse, do not use body lotions or powder on the morning of your surgery.
- Brushing your teeth is permitted.
- Take medications as ordered by your surgeon with only a sip of water before coming to HCMC.
Upon Arrival at HCMC, You will need to bring…
- Identification/Driver’s License*
- Insurance Cards*
- A complete list of current medications
- Accommodations for transport home**
* Will only need these items if patient did NOT pre-register
** Outpatient Only